A little while ago while having a bit of a sort out I came face to face with the extent of my backlog of projects! So, I’ve been on a bit of a mission to make a bit of a dent in it.
Here’s my progress so far… (part 1)!

Multi Voice Changer Megaphone

This was an easy one. It’s a cheap and cheerful kids toy I was given as a gift at some point which makes a pretty great noise. Years ago I started experimenting with putting a jack in the side to take a signal straight out for recording purposes. To this end I knocked up a simple opamp gain stage to boost the signal to a better level.

The unit originally worked by a basic trigger switch connecting power to the unit every time you wanted to speak into it. This generated a pretty load pop so I installed a switch for the power and a good quality pushbutton switch to switch on the microphone when you wanted to talk into it. It still pops a little but not that load and I quite like it!

Read more »

After much faffing with far to many components I’ve finished the circuits used to control the VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter) of my Juno.

Here are a few samples with the TRG-1 being triggered from my TR-707 drum machine and taking a control input from my Expression pedal. The TRG-1 is then providing the Trigger and VCF Control signals to the Juno 6.Read more »

TRG-1 from above.

TRG-1 side view
TRG-1 from the side

Even though things may have been quiet here, it’s been a hive of activity in the real world. For a while now I’ve been hard at work building my a drone synth. I really got back into building audio electronics again after making a dub siren for a friend last year and slowly I’ve been studying designs and modifying them into my own probably far to complicated version.

I had the main voices for the synth finished a little while ago and have been working on circuits for modulation sources. I decided that one circuit in particular would be useful outside the synth I’m building as a modulation source for my beloved Juno 6.Read more »